Friday, July 2, 2010

Monday, July 1, 1985

Irene and I worked at Genealogy Library.

Thursday, July 1, 2010
I did not take Megan to school today. Nathanael took her. I asked him too because my leg was hurting. It was her last day of summer school. I woke up about 8:45 and worked for a few hours. I went next door to Hansen's and visited with Lisa and Susan. I came back and for a few more hours and went back to Hansen's for a little while to visit. I came back at 5:30 and made spaghetti for dinner. We ate at 6:00. I watched a movie, "Tuck Everlasting" so I could rest and elevate my swollen ankle ( from my burn). At 9:30 I decided I should go to the doctor because my ankle was getting so swollen and painful. My mom took me to Copperview Medical Center (Nathanael was at the gym) and we got in just 2 minutes before they closed! I saw a Dr. Wallace who said my leg had a secondary bacteria infection. He gave me a prescription for an oral and topical antibiotic and a prescription for Lortab. He numbed my burn and told me to take off all the dead skin when I got home and put the antiobiotic cream on it and bandage it. We went to Walgreens to get the prescriptions filled (they cost $45 total) and we finally got home about 11:20 PM. I took off some of the dead skin ( I think most of it) and put the cream on and put a bandage on it. The doctor told me to use a woman's sanitary pad for the bandage because the material won't stick, but it will help it heal! So I put that on it. I took my medicine and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment