Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sunday, January 13, 1985

"Hi and I went to all our meetings at 5th Ward. Troy and Susanne and two children were there. We ate lunch at home. Hi and I went to Kathy's to give Karlee a birthday present and we had ice cream and cake. Roger came just before we went home."

I didn't do anything that my grandma did today, but I did get "The Thorn Birds" in the mail today from Netflix, so I watched the first 4 hours. Yes, I said 4 hours. Apparently it was a TV mini series based on a novel. It was made in 1983 and the acting is probably the worst I've ever seen (aside from Twilight, of course...ha ha) The storyline is so awkward and a little creepy, yet I am still intrigued. I want to know what happens. It's a little risque (for 1983) so I am a little surprised that my grandparents were watching this show. However, it's kind of fun knowing that a few days ago (25 years ago) my grandparents were watching this movie, and now my husband and I are watching the movie. Well, Nathanael only agreed to watch it if we played Scrabble while it was on, so he didn't have to pay full attention to the movie. :) Anyway... kind of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Troy and Susanne Williams - Troy is my cousin. He is Grandpa Talbot's sister June William's third son. He is one or two years younger than I am. His wife Susanne died suddenly a few years after this.

    ReplyDelete