Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thursday, February 14, 1985

There was no entry for February 13, 1985

I mailed a letter to Blue Shield for Dr. Cox bill and Hiram January prescription.
I gave Hiram a Valentine and a book "The Unknown God" by Mark E. Peterson. Hiram gave me 2 cards. Kathy brought me the money from 6 sets of butterflies sold at Creative Arts, $14.85. She also brought us a card and home made candy and suckers. I went to DUP with Irene and to Genealogy Library from 3:00 to 5:00 PM. Met with stake relief society at 7:30 PM. Hi went home teaching.

Saturday, February 13, 2010
Nathanael went and played paintball from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM and came home with flowers for me for Valentine's Day. I cleaned and exercised while he was gone. At 3:00 PM we drove up toward Portland to go out for Valentine's Day. We stopped at Deseret Book so I could see if they had the book "The Unknown God" that grandma gave to grandpa 25 years ago. They did not have it, but when I asked the guy working there about it, he started chuckling and said, "That is really funny because I just saw that book at Powell's (a huge used and new bookstore in downtown Portland) and I almost bought it, but decided not to." So he told us it was out of print, but he told us where to find it in Powell's. Nathanael bought some garments at the new Distribution Center that they just opened there and he also bought a new tie pin. We went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, where we waited an hour and a half to be seated. Nathanael had chicken and shrimp scampi and I had a pizza with cheese and spinach. We had a peanut butter cup piece of cheesecake for dessert. After dinner, we drove to downtown Portland to go to Powell's. It is the largest bookstore in the world! I've wanted to go for quite some time. We found the book "The Unknown God" because of that boy from Deseret Book. We never would have gotten that book if it weren't for him. I don't know why it meant so much to me to have it, but I just really wanted it and I feel really connected to my grandparents, which is such a great feeling. After we found that book, we separated and for our Valentine's gifts to each other, we were to each pick out a book we thought the other person would really enjoy. I picked "Between A Rock and A Hard Place" by Aron Ralston for Nathanael and for me, he picked a basic instruction guitar music book, because I've wanted to learn the guitar for quite some time. It was such a fun date. So thank you, grandma, for one of the funnest dates we have had in a very long time.

Sunday, February 14, 2010
Valentine's Day
We went to church from 9:30 to 12:30. Nathanael had to go to work for a little bit from 1:30 to about 3:30. We are going to have a nice salmon dinner tonight around 5:00 and watch a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment