Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Well...I thought I was done with this blog. I just kind of forgot to do it, and then it seemed like I was too far behind and it seemed silly to just start it up again randomly. However, I miss my grandma. I felt close to her while reading her daily entries and I missed knowing what she was up to and thinking about her multiple times throughout the day. So here I am again, after not making an entry in over 2 months. I can't believe it is already October. This week the weather has gotten cold and stormy and I am already missing summer and longing for the hot days and warm nights. All well.
Yesterday I hurt my neck somehow and I woke up this morning not being able to move my head at all. Very inconvenient, and painful. It's feeling a little better tonight, but I sure hope it feels better tomorrow. I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Today I didn't do much (because I was in so much pain) so I worked, rather slowly, and then this afternoon I laid on my chair and watched the longest movie I've ever seen: My Fair Lady. Ugh. What a terrible movie. That is coming from a girl who absolutely adores Audrey Hepburn and musicals, especially from 50 years ago. :) I really disliked that movie. So it was kind of a waste of time, but at least I got to rest and keep heat on my neck and back. That's about all I've done today. Pretty boring, but I was trying to rest. Last night I had a girls night over at our "apartment" and that was fun (minus the not being able to turn my head part). I like girls nights.

Monday, October 7, 1985
I cleaned the oven and racks in the stove. Hiram and I traced and cut out hearts for the Relief Society Smorgasbord and visiting teaching social. Irene and I worked at Genealogy Library. I bought some white ribbon for the red hearts.

Back to 2010:
I love that my grandpa was helping my grandma cut out hearts for the RS "smorgasbord". So cute! I wish I could have seen them doing that. While I was watching My Fair Lady today, I thought that my grandma kind of looked like Audrey Hepburn when my grandma was younger. There is a picture hanging by our TV of my grandma when she was 19 and she is so stunningly beautiful. She could have been an actress.
The end.
Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment