Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thursday, October 10, 1985

Thursday evening Peg picked Mel up at Idaho Falls Hospital. They had a special prayer meeting and fasting that evening at 8:00 PM. Took Mel back to Idaho Falls Hospital. 5th Ward Relief Society had a fall social smorgasbord. Hi and I fasted. I brought food home for Hi and I at 9:00 PM. It was also visiting teaching seminar. In morning and afternoon Barbara Williams cleaned my west cupboards. I gave a talk a the seminar.

Sunday, October 10, 2010
Well, it might take me awhile to get used to doing this every night again. We had a really good weekend. My neck still hurts a lot, but it feels better than it did on Thursday. On Friday I went to our ward's "Fabulous Friday" event, which is like "Super Saturday," but not, because it was on a Friday night which I thought was really lame. Anyway, I went with my mom and we made some clocks. They were very time consuming and I messed up big time on one of them, but it was fun to go together and get a little "crafty." On Saturday Nathanael went on a long run and I went to the library and run a few other errands. At 5:30 we left and went to dinner at some new friends that we met, Aunna and Phillip. Nathanael met Aunna while he was studying for the Utah Bar and we've hung out twice, now. They are a very nice couple. I hope we'll hang out with them more. Today, Sunday, we went to church at 11:00. It was Fast Sunday and the ward was supposed to fast for our Bishop's youngest son, Benjamin, who they've just discovered has tumors in his head and will need chemotherapy for a year. It's very sad and he is just the cutest little boy. We really hope he will get better. In primary we had all 6 boys there and we taught a lesson about how making wise choices helps us choose the right. We had a special sacrament meeting combined with the 9th Ward and they split their ward to include into some of our ward, the 1st ward. After church I had a little nap and we had a yummy roast beef dinner at 4:30. Nathanael and I went on a walk at 6:30 near the Oquirrh Mountain Temple and we saw 3 deer that came really close to us. It was cold, so we didn't stay out long.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am glad you started doing this again, I missed reading about it every day!!! :) I hope you have a good day (I guess I will find out tomorrow when I read this)

    ReplyDelete